Tuesday, October 03, 2006

And the Scarf Drags on....

Okey dokey y'all...I have still been working on my sister's scarf for Christmas. I know, I'm slow - get over it. Anyway, I've noticed that the sections I knit when my mom's around are significantly uglier than the sections I knit when I'm alone or with -ummm- ANYONE else. My mother likes to interrrupt me and make me insane.

I'm feeling VERY stressed right now. Can you guess why? Okay time's up, I'll just tell you. The plan driving from Texas was to DROP ME OFF at my sister's apartment so that I could spend some time with her. Guess how much time I've spent with her in the last 3 days...go on guess!

You give up? Okay, I'll tell you that too...a grand total of 4 minutes. The rest of the time my mom is there driving one or both of us crazy...cause that's just what she does. Since we arrived on Sunday, my mother has said every single day that they'll be "leaving tomorrow" yet tomorrow never arrives. Damn tomorrow...damn it to Hell! My poor Grandma wants nothing more than to go home and my mom is making her stay here. Poor Grandma. Even Sara's sick and tired of Mom. I know it's only been 3 days, but 3 minutes of time with her is enough to make a person consider suicide. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

So yeah...the scarf is "funky" for lack of a better word. It has so many "design features" I'm just hoping she'll think it was supposed to be random and kind of weird. I thought about frogging it AGAIN but then remembered upon being here that she likes things with -uhh- character? Yeah, that sounds better than admitting it's all sorts of fuckered up every which way possible.

I finally decided to follow in the footsteps of my teachers and become polyamorus with my knitting, so I started on my cousin Haley's Christmas scarf too. Hopefully Haley's will have fewer "design features" and significantly less "character"

Aside from that the only things going on are...well, not much. My sister's at work and I'm borrowing her computer, and my mom and grandma went out to buy more stuff that Sara doesn't want or need, so I have to place to myself. Speaking of "the place" it is SO nice! I'm going to try to take some pictures to post on here so y'all can see it. I really just can't wiat until mom leaves. And writing about her is making me feel stressed again...I think I will put on some music and knit my stress away. Until next time: Take care!!!

3 comments:

Cassi said...

Another fun thing that can happen when you're stressed is your tension can change. So you get a scarf with wavy edges that looks like you lost stitches but you didn't. Tell mommy to bugger off. Hopefully she'll get bored and leave soon. I'm comsidering eriving up some weekend to kidnap you. Beware all red neons with screaming kids!

*~*Katy*~* said...

LOL yeah i never got to do my music/knitting destressification cause mom got back and I figured it was useless at that point.

Amazingly enough, my tension has been pretty consistant despite mommy interuptions, but God only knows if it'll stay that way. Well, maybe not...I keep seeing holes and when I try to fix the dropped stitch, I can't find it...maybe I'm not as consistant as I thought. Then again, maybe I'm just a li'l too dopey to find the dropped stitch. Or a little too tired to care anymore by that time. The world may never know! Oh well...

hehehe That would be so awesome if you did come kidnap me! Hooray for kidnapping - even though I'm not technically a kid except in my head. hahaha

xvii_thestar said...

I think your problem might be is that when you see a hole in the scarf you've accidentally added a yarn over (you wrapped the yarn AROUND the needle instead of moving it BETWEEN the needles).

Yarn Over = Hole

Dropped Stitch = Laddering

Just take a deeeeeeep breath and hold it and hold it and *THUD*

Sorry to hear your mom is making you and your gma insane. Wish I had some failsafe advice to offer but about all I can suggest is not letting her get under your skin. Here is your mantra for the day: My mom may be psycho but I'm not going to let her get under my skin.

Wax on... Wax off! *hugs*

If all else fails try leaving a trail of hershey's kisses leading out the door to the nearest shopping mall. At least you might get a little peace for an hour or two. I think Cassi should definitely come kidnap you heheheh.