Saturday, April 19, 2008

Starting Fresh

Well, I signed up for the Discovery Health National Body Challenge, but apparently part of the challenge is getting the personalized Challenge Program that's promised. For some reason the page/program isn't loading correctly for me.

So, I decided to go perusing and see what I could find elsewhere on the site. I found some interesting (though occasionally contradictory) information there and after I'd read all I could find to read, I decided to check my e-mail. Nothing new there, but I did see some interesting weight loss motivation tools on my Yahoo! home page and spent another hour or so checking those out. (Yeah, I never got around to that whole 'sleep' thing LOL)

Anyway, long story short: I'm feeling inspired to take proactive measures. Steps towards improving my health to be specific. I don't have any grandiose ideas about exercising 2 hours a day, but I do have a few ideas that I'd like to start with and build off. Just in case you're interested, here are a few of them:

1. Cutting back/cutting out sodas and sweet tea (yes, I shall mourn their loss)
2. Cutting back/out other things high in sugar content (i.e. bread, potatos and rice) this will probably be the most difficult.
3. Changing up my beauty routine (i.e. actually bothering with one)

I'm hopeful that taking a few small(ish) steps will encourage me to make more dramatic changes in the future such as *GASP* exercising! LOL Wish me luck!

No comments: